Saturday, March 15, 2014

Super Improver Wall Update

Back in December, I told you all about my new Super Improver Wall.  I met with each kids and made academic and behavioral goals for each.  I wrote them down on a clipboard and would ask them at the end of each day if they were closer to their goals.  If yes, they got a sticker.  If no, they didn't.  In my mind, this sounded like a good idea.  The kids loved the new board and I loved meeting with each and adding goals to their data binders.  However, I didn't love how they earned stickers.  I like to read part of a chapter book at the end of the day.  It makes for a calm dismissal and clean up instead of some kids cleaning and some running around the room because they are done.  So, I stopped handing out stickers.  For about a month.  And the kids kept asking "when do we get to earn stickers again?"


After chatting with some of my other Hawaii blogger buddies who use WBT (Tonya and Angelia), I got the idea of a sticker book.  The pages in the book match the levels on our board.  I can hand out stickers whenever they are on task, following directions, or even if they get a great score on a spelling test, or make progress in reading or math groups.  I like that it is flexible and can be immediate reinforcement of behavior or skills.

I made my sticker books with cardstock covers and backs, and white paper in the middle.  I put 2 staples on the side to bind them.

I bought some glittery star stickers at Office Max that I use.  Whenever students are doing what they are supposed to be doing, I pass out stickers.  I put them on their hands or on their pencil boxes.  Then they can transfer them to their books.

When they collect 10 stickers on one level, they tell me.  I count them, put a stamp on the page, and trade out their little person on our Super Improver Wall for the next color.  They get to take the old color home and share with their parents the progress they made.  They LOVE leveling up!

If you are interested in my sticker book, you can download one for free.  I made a blank page for you if you do not use my theme.  10 blank pages would work.  You could also hand write the names of your levels if you want.  I probably won't be making these in other themes just because the freebies I make are things that I am already using in my classroom.

How is the Super Improver Wall going in your room? 

26 comments:

  1. Super cute! Great idea that allows for immediate feedback!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your super improver book. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use wbt, but might do this anyway. Can you tell me what the students are moving up levels to accomplish? Is it just a visual for them to see if they are on track with behavior and tasks?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manuela,
      My students use data binders and each quarter they set their own academic and behavioral goals. I write these down on a clipboard checklist so that I have easy access to them and can reward the students for working towards reaching their goals. I also use it as a positive behavior enforcer. So say Table 1 is being really talkative, but Table 3 is working hard on their assignment. I would give Table 3 stickers for positive behavior. My favorite part of the Super Improver Wall is that you can tweak it for anything you need! Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Awesome. .I started it last week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sticker book idea! I am starting the super improvers wall this year and can't wait to try this out!

    Marlene
    I Heart Teaching Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your sticker book! I think I might add 10-frames for kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your newest follower! Found you through Pinterest and your WBT blog looks awesome!

    First Grade Frame of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    LOVE the sticker book! I had used the wall, but also would forget to do, or it would add to the chaos of the end of the day that I dropped it. 3rd graders will like the book, I think, and so will I! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas.Jupiter Island Tutoring I appreciate when I see well written material.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Cửa lưới chống muỗi là thiết bị chống muỗi thông dụng hiện nay được nhiều người ưa chuộng bởi những tính năng ưu việt mà thiết bị này đem lại. Tuy nhiên, để tìm được địa chỉ cung cấp và lắp đặt uy tín thì không phải ai cũng có kinh nghiệm. Vậy, nếu bạn cũng đang băn khoăn với thông tin này. Hãy tham khảo thông tin bài viết dưới đây nhé

    Cửa lưới chống muỗi– Những kinh nghiệm vàng khi tìm địa chỉ lắp đặt

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://www.ohay.tv/view/cach-khac-phuc-may-tinh-de-ban-bi-treo/6ulQc1bV10
    https://maytinhdeban.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/08/22/155917?_ga=2.70886032.1643661613.1598079565-712913711.1598079565
    https://medium.com/p/1bb428e5daad/edit

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very nice blog because information provided here through the article and the pictures are very effective. Special needs Tutor Westport Because sometimes words cannot explain the things that pictures can and here the words and pictures both are expressing the things in balance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great web blog . I like this blog because of its design and interface. Special needs Tutor Larchmont It is user friendly and it is nice to visit the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems like an educational blog which always some new information to visitors Special needs Tutor Greenwich and Enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for posting! I really like what you've acquired here; You should keep it up forever!Special needs Tutor Wellesley Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  16. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. Special needs tutor Sag Harbor I like this kind of blog. Thanks for sharing informative information with us

    ReplyDelete
  17. This could be one specific with the most beneficial blogs Special needs tutor Far Hills We have ever arrive across on this subject. Really Wonderful. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. Special needs tutor Tribeca We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not going to say that great work done but this is an awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles.special needs tutor Squirrel Hill North This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles on the same matter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a very useful post, I was looking for this info.special needs tutor of Gladwyne thanks for sharing the great ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for posting! I really like what you've acquired here; You should keep it up forever!Academy in Miami, Fl Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not going to say that great work done but this is an awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles.High School in Cutler Bay, Fl This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles on the same matter.

    ReplyDelete